Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Better than Bisquick!

Good Morning! Happy Hump Day! This weekend I made homemade pancakes for the first time and I'm not going to lie they were stinking delicious!


Every weekend my boyfriend always makes me breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast is the name of the game! I figured since he has been so good to me I might as well award him for being such a great guy. I decided to make him homemade pancakes and boy did he enjoy them. 


Ingredients: (from left) one cup flour, one tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons melted butter, one tablespoon milk (optional), mint leaves (for decor), one cup buttermilk, one egg, blueberries, dash of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and of course syrup!


 What breakfast is complete with out a cup of Jo? The answer is.... no breakfast! Boom!I love my coffee mugs you can pick these adorable mugs up at World Market. 


So delicious! The recipe I provided makes about 4 pancakes per batch when using a 1/2 cup measuring cup. I made two batches one with milk and one without. The batch without adding milk was thicker and tastier. My recommendation is to make these pancakes without adding the tablespoon of milk. Both are yumtastic just one is a bit more delicious than the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment