Monday, March 11, 2013

Traveling back in time

Hi Folks, happy Monday or Grump day. Today especially seemed to be the most grumpy of all Monday's for me. I just couldn't seem to get out of my funk. I didn't want to get out of bed (but that's most mornings) and not even my vanilla latte could cheer me up. Which is nuts because fru fru coffee always seems to do the trick. Well enough with me being all MAEgative even with my funk at work today I still managed to have a nice relaxing night. I started making my St. Patty's day shirt tonight and it's looking pretty spectacular. More on that to come once the project is complete. 

Today's post is an outfit post. This post brings me back to a much more simpler but more dramatic time in my life. When I was thirteen I was obsessed with Metallica. When all the girls were deciding on if they were N'SYNC or Backstreet Boys fans I was all about Metallica. The strange this was that I wasn't a stereo typical metal head. I didn't listen to a lot of metal bands just Metallica. I liked R&B, Pop and other rock bands but Metallica was my favorite band and really the only metal band I listened to. Below are the pics of an outfit I wore to work recently. I proudly was sporting my Metallica Master of Puppets shirt thinking about how excited thirteen year old Mae would of been if she owned this shirt. All I could ever find at hot topic when I was a kid were XL t-shirts that I swam in. I still would rock the shirts every chance I could get way back when but wished I could just find a Metallica shirt that actually fit me. So here's to me at thirteen and may I never get too old or too serious. May I every now and again let the teenage girl I once was make decisions for me from time to time... hopefully they wont be life altering!



Just in case you're wondering yes, I do realize I'm pretty f-bomb white for a Cali girl.


Ring (left): F21, Ring (right): Express, Bracelet: Old

Button up: F21, T-shirt: Amazon, Skirt: ASOS, Boots: Go Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment